Friday, December 16, 2011

Mrs. Schauer

Mrs. Schauer


My name is Teresa Schauer and I am the district librarian and 6th grade Reading teacher for Pettus ISD.  I have been in education for twenty-two years. I taught 6th, 7th and 8th grade Reading for two years in San Antonio, 2nd grade for nine years in Skidmore, Texas, 3rd and 4th grade for five years here in Pettus, and this is my sixth year to be the librarian.  

I have been married for twenty years to my husband Bobby, and we have two daughters--Hailee is a senior and Ashlynn is a freshman here in Pettus.  


I LOVE books. (Obviously, or I wouldn't be a librarian, right?)  :)  I have always loved books--for as long as I can remember.  I think it's because when I was little, we didn't have computers, DVD players, or even a color TV--I grew up in Illinois where it was very cold, and if I didn't want to die of boredom, the only thing there was to do was read.  I think it's so sad that so many kids today don't know the joy of getting completely lost in a book.  There is nothing in the world that gives you the same feeling as when you get so caught up in what you're reading that you literally forget about the world around you.  I think that EVERY kid has the ability to love books--and that's my goal as a librarian and Reading teacher.  I want to open the doors to their hearts--through books.  


If you walk into my library, be prepared for me to get all up in your business--not because I'm nosy--I ask so many questions because that's the only way I can get to know you.   I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that every person has a "book soul mate" that's already been written for them, just waiting to be found.  I already know my books.  How can I match you up with one, unless I know you too?  :)


My Blog Posts:








4 comments:

  1. Love your bio, especially the part about growing up! Sometimes when I am reading, I focus so hard that I don't notice people talking to me! Great picture of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Mrs.Schauer, you always know what book to give me, and that's why you're my favorit teacher here in Pettus. If we had a different librarian I dont know what I would do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs.Schauer!I love you your blog is really great. Your a great teacher,libarian!!!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. MRS.SCHAUER i need a new picture the other ones are getting older and older and older they are not fun to look at anymore so i guess it is up to you to get me a new one like today or monday so??????

    ReplyDelete